Cross Stitch Addict

Hi, I'm Alison, chief designer and owner of Country Cross Stitch Kits (www.countrycrossstitchkits.co.uk) and I am a 100% confirmed cross stitch addict! I know I am not the only one out there, so hopefully if you are an addict too you will enjoy my blog.

Name:
Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom

I am lucky enough to have been a designer / artist for most of my adult life. I have always had a passion for fabric crafts and for quite a few years produced paintings, mainly of flowers, on pieces of silk using dyes. My main passion has always been cross stitching however and a couple of years ago I took the plunge and set up Country Cross Stitch Kits. The rest, as they say, is history and here I am still adding new designs and trying to build my business. The best part of all of this is meeting so many lovely people who share a love of cross stitch. I hope you enjoy my blog, feel free to add any comments and have fun!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Cross Stitch Tools - Stitch Count rulers

Hello all,

We are always looking to produce free items to help all of you cross stitchers out there when we can. The first item we have released is a 'Stitch Count Ruler'. This item, as shown below, is available to download from our website Country Cross Stitch Kits - (see the 'Stitch Count Rulers' link on the left hand side of the page).


Stitch Count Ruler

These rulers will be available for 11, 14, 16 and 18 count aida fabrics (which equate to 22, 28, 32 and 36 count evenweave) on a one sheet .pdf document that you can download, print out and then either stick to a piece of card or laminate for strength.

The divisions on the rulers are not inches or mm but stitches, if you lay the ruler along a row of stitches it will tell you how many stitches there are.

Whilst there are 'check marks' on the downloadable document that you can check against a standard ruler to ensure your computer / printer has not rescaled the document, we would not recommend using the rulers as the sole method of counting stitches. They are intended as a confirmation tool so when you have counted the row twice and are thinking "maybe I should count it one more time...." you can use the ruler to verify your count.

Happy stitching!
Alison

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have often thought that a ruler would solve alot of hassles when trying to count stitches or weave in a project...
THANK YOU!!!
Moyrah in Sweden

9:53 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Hi Moyrah

I'm really glad you think our new ruler is useful, thanks for taking the time to add your comments to my blog.

Happy Stitching!

5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home